Thursday 11 May 2023

Mrs. B Challenge 40 - 5 Go away with my Mum and Sister

37…. Getting there!

5 - go away with my mum and sister.

And away we went, to a lovely spa over night!


We originally tried to book Old Thorns, and after the experience I had with their spa manager, I would never recommend there again!  They had a special offer on their website, I called to book it and they couldn’t find it and we’re unwilling to honour it.  They discounted what we wanted, but still not to what I could book it for on line.  I asked if it would be better if I booked it online, to be told if I did they would cancel my booking!   I conceded and we were booking at a much higher rather than the price offered online, but then she told me I couldn’t book a triple room, we needed two separate ones.  I explained we’d booked a triple room before and it was for my 40th birthday - she told me I’d ruined my birthday for myself and hung up on me!  Honestly, the worst service ever and I was incredibly polite to her, so completely dumbfounded! 

Little did I know, actually it was the best thing ever, as the Solent Hotel and Spa was a million times better!  The pool and spa area was light and airy, free drinks served at the pool, amazing changing areas, the chill out space was just amazing and the treatments so much better!  

The robes were proper fluffy robes, none of the scratchy towel ones AND they were lovely and large and wrapped all the way around me!  Slippers were complimentary too, and no deposit for either required. There was also complimentary flapjacks in the chill out space, honestly you could not fault the service here.

We got an overnight deal with dinner and breakfast and it was a similar cost to Old Thorns, and not more expensive.  The restaurant was lovely with great food you chose off menu, rather than a carvery and again breakfast was table service and not a buffet - winner!  The staff were all lovely, in the spa, pool, restaurant and bar.  The service exemplary. 



We had a great time, chatting, eating, drinking and enjoying each others company.  I absolutely loved it and loved the company, it’s so special I get to do things with the people I love.  And get to celebrate my birthday early!


TTFN, Sammy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment