Wednesday 30 January 2019

Plastic Free - Cleaning

So as previously talked about, we’re looking to go as plastic free as possible in 2019.  Here is topic 4!  Again, I am not a guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I am trying and that I can share with you!  I’m not necessarily going to change the world by myself, but if I can be part of that change then that is good for me.  Here is a couple of things we’ve already done.

 

Washing/Cleaning/Household products

 

Well we’ve been introduced to a new company this year, Splosh!  They are an online company, they sell cleaning products, clothes and household, washing up liquid and things like that.  You can find their website  

here....


I have purchased, washing up liquid, toilet cleaner and kitchen cleaner so far.  You select the products you’d like and they sent them to you in plastic bottles (hold that thought!) that are reuseable and heavy duty.  If your bottle breaks at any time, you can send it back to them and they will replace it free of charge and recycle that bottle.  Once you have your bottles sorted and have used the products in them, you can then buy concentrated refills and they are sent in the post to you.  They come in a cardboard box easy enough to fit through your letterbox, the pouches inside contain super concentrated liquids and you can send them back free of charge to Splosh and they reuse and recycle them.  





The box the delivery came in is of course cardboard and recyclable, and the packing beans are made of starch and home compostable – excellent!

 

The washing up liquid I bought is lime flavour and it is just fabulous!  It is really bubbly, smells delicious and cleans really well.  The toilet cleaner, I’m using a little like I would bleach (liberally and daily!) and it is a peppermint smell and makes the whole bathroom smell lush, which is great if you live with a smelly boy!  I haven’t used the kitchen cleaner yet as I’m still getting through my last bottle of zoflora (thanks Mrs Hinch, but the plastic consumption is not great!)  so I’ll keep you posted.  I have placed a further order for washing powder, washing detergent and fabric softener, glass cleaner and clothes stain remover.  I’ll pop up another post when they’ve arrived and I’ve had chance to use them.

 

TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment