Thursday 17 January 2019

Plastic Free - Milk

So as previously talked about, we’re looking to go as plastic free as possible in 2019.  I am not a guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I am trying and that I can share with you!  I’m not necessarily going to change the world by myself, but if I can be part of that change then that is good for me.  Here is a couple of things we’ve already done.

Milk delivery
We’ve switched from buying milk in a supermarket to having it delivered in glass bottles.  I googled milk delivery in our area and came up with Milk & More.  It is really easy to sign up and I had fresh milk delivered 48 hours later.  The website showed me which days the delivery was in our area and I just picked which I wanted.  The milk is delivered before 7am in the morning you’ve agreed and they take back the used glass bottles at the same time.  I have a safe space for ours to be left, so no opening the door in my dressing gown which is great, as I’m not a morning person!  It costs around 80p a pint of milk and we have two pints a week delivered in total, a pint in one delivery and a pint in another delivery.  I could see price could be an issue if you’re a high consumption family; but there is only two of us, we work full time and aren’t in a lot, we are tea drinkers, but make porridge with water - so not a great consumption in our house!  As an added incentive, we got a free bottle of orange juice with our first delivery.  So far we’re very pleased with the service and efficiency.  You can find out more
here


There are more to come, so watch this space! 

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment