Monday 30 December 2019

A Year in Review 2019

Well, what can I say?  It’s been a busy year!  So busy, I haven’t written for nearly all of it!  But it’s been a good year and there has been loads going on, loads I’m thankful for and loads I’m super proud of.  So we’ll start from the top I guess!

1. Book Club.
Some of the girls at work and I were always talking about books, what we’ve read, what’s on ‘the list’ etc and after a chat in passing with our CEO one day, we decided to form a book club! It’s been great, I’ve enjoyed the books, I’ve enjoyed the company, I’ve enjoyed the food, I’ve enjoyed time with the girls and I’m a proud member of the ‘Strong Ladies’ book club.  We’ve been through some rollercoasters this year, new children, new houses, new jobs and the support and love from the Strong Ladies has been second to none. Thank you all xx


2. My Beautiful God Daughter.
What a proud year it’s been! My god daughter has finished school, with amazing grades, she is totally beautiful and really shone at her prom.  She has also got her first job, started college and is learning to drive.  She is amazing and we are also so proud.


3. Work.
This year I applied and was successful for a huge promotion for me and am now a Deputy Service Manager for a Domestic Abuse charity.  I don’t talk about my work here much, most people know what I do, but confidentiality and my work being not that cheery means there’s not a great deal for me to chat about!  But I love my job and I’m really proud of me.  It is very busy, we have taken over a new service and are still finding our feet, but it is great.  I’ve moved to a different area in Hampshire, sometimes it’s like wading in treacle and it’s emotional, but it is for me.


4. Spice Girls
This year I got to fulfil a teenage dream!  Off I went to Wembley, with my best friend and my step daughter and we partied like it was 1997.  It. Was. Epic!  We stayed in the dingiest, tiniest, scabbyist hotel, but that didn’t matter.  We drank, danced, sang, cried and hugged.  It was AWESOME.


5. Bowen.
This year I’ve been introduced to an alternative therapy and I love it.  Bowen.  My mum recommended it to me and I’ve been having it every 3 weeks and wow, what can I say!  My immune system is improved, my back has improved, my sleep has improved, my life has improved.  You can read more about it here.... 
Helen Cooper Bowen I would recommend it to everyone, honestly - I shout it from the rooftops regularly!

6. Race For Life.
This year my best friend and I took part in our, possibly 10th race for life together and this year, we were joined by some juniors! My niece and her daughter.  It rained the whole way round, they Ran, we ran in a fashion and we completed it in around 50 minutes.  We also raised lots of money for cancer research, a charity close to my heart.

7. Jarvis.
Gosh.... where do I start with this hooligan!  He has been a bit of a worry this year!  An emergency stomach pump after eating mince pies, foreign object lodged in his intestine (when removed was a piece of carrot he was allowed to eat - but seemingly forgot to chew!) plus the rest!  But he’s such a babe, I love him so hard.  He’s been with us 7 whole years now, and I couldn’t imagine life without him, even if he is expensive!


8. Crystals, Moon, Spirituality.
This year this has been a big one for me.  I’ve always loved nature, loved magic, loved spirits (not just gin based!) loved mystical and always believed the moon held a special secret.  My step daughter introduced me to 
Jeannie at Sole Care and I have learnt so much!  I’ve been on a monology workshop, crystal workshop and learnt about Goddesses and everything in between.  I am slowly learning how to quieten my mind and meditate with intention.  Check Jeannie out on fb if you get chance and I certainly recommend any of her workshops. 

You’ll now always find me with some kind of sage and moon ritual at hand, my altar stacked, light in my life and I’m loving it.  I love looking at the world in a slightly different way.  I love making a meaning of things and knowing that things are truly ‘Always working out for me’.   I’ve always been weird and I totally embrace that!  Wild women and witches unite - we’ve got this!


9. Mr. B.
Forever grateful to my soul mate.  We’ve had some great adventures this year.  Weekends away, cursed holidays (as per usual) and pj nights in front of the telly.  Here’s to many more!


10. Good Times.
There’s been travel.  Girly weekends (posh old birds rule!).  Festivals.  Day trips.  Time with my niece and sometimes but rarely, nephew.  Swimming.  Shows.  Music.  Parties.  Family group holiday.  Birthdays.  My dad turning 60.  Get togethers.  New babies.  The list is endless and makes my face smile and my heart happy.

Thank you to each and everyone of you, for being part of my 2019.  I can’t wait to get started on the new year and the new decade with you all.  I am so lucky and so privileged to be growing older, to be experiencing new, to reminisce on the past and to be enjoying now.  Happy New Year to you all, may it bring you light, love, happiness and everything in between.

Big love xx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely look back on 2019! Wishing you all the best for 2020. Debz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sam, we miss seeing you these days but so happy for you! Wishing you all the very best for 2020. Briggsy x

    ReplyDelete