Tuesday 22 January 2019

Plastic Free - Beauty Regime

So as previously talked about, we’re looking to go as plastic free as possible in 2019.  Here is topic 3!  Again, I am not a guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I am trying and that I can share with you!  I’m not necessarily going to change the world by myself, but if I can be part of that change then that is good for me.  Here is a couple of things we’ve already done.

 

Go green face cream!

Back last year I was invited to a fund raising party.  It was a Neal’s Yard party and like all the other parties, you go along, look at the products, make your purchase and the host benefits in free products, that type of party.  This one was a fund raiser and the commission the host would’ve made was being donated, to a charity close to my family – Portsmouth Down Syndrome Association.  I went along, only due to the fact it was a fundraiser and I was so surprised and amazed by the products.  The company started in Covent Garden in London, are a family run company, and now run from an co factory in Dorset.  The products are mostly bottled in beautiful blue glass bottles and pots, some of the items do come in recycled plastic tubes and these can be recycled too.  They contain no parabens or nasty chemicals, they are organic and give you a percentage rating as to how much of it is organic (unlike some companies, if 1% is organic they will just claim the product is organic).  I bought a frankincense cleanser which came with a beautiful cotton wash cloth, and at subsequent parties I then bought a palmarosa toner and face cream.  I am loving the products and what they have done to my adult acne skin and would recommend them to anyone.  I have since signed up to have an account and sell the products (mainly because I wanted the discount on offer!) but because this is a company I can truly get behind.  I’m not suggesting to buy products from me, but you can grab them in some Waitrose, online and there are some Neal’s Yard shops around too – give them a try!  

NYRO Website


Reusable cotton pads

Now I couldn’t go all this way and not think about the cotton wool buds and pads I throw away daily.  So I have switched to cotton buds with paper stems and not plastic, winner.  And I have bought some cotton wool pad rounds that are bamboo and reusable rather then throw away ones.  I bought mine from ebay from a seller called ‘kinderearth’, but you can get them from loads of sellers, on amazon and in shops too.  I purchased the rounds, a little bag to put them in and a wash bag to machine wash them in.  






These are small swaps I’ve made which haven’t cost a fortune and have fitted in really well with my beauty regime.  Give it a go, see what you think!

 

There are more to come, so watch this space! 

 

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment