Monday 30 December 2013

Out with the old...


New year, new start.... How often have you heard that in the last week!  Even though NY resolutions may seem a bit pointless, you could turn this tradition into something positive, learn from past experiences and move on with a happier attitude.

This year has been interesting. It has been fabulous in places, rotten in others and mediocre at times. It's been emotional, it's been trying and it's been amazing.  I listen to all the 'This is going to be the best year yet', 'This is going to be my year', 'I can't wait for this year to be over's and try hard not to be scathing.

Every year is your year, every year you should be thankful for, you've lived it, you've coped and conquered and you've survived everything that has been thrown at you.  Even at the worst times, you've survived and are ready to face more. For example; last year for us was pretty rubbish, but I was not prepared to write the whole year off, after all, for one, my neice was born - no year could be bad when it contained a birth of a new life. The year did have its ups after all!

Always remember the lessons learnt, the memories made. Time waits for no one, treasure every moment you have.

Tomorrow I am going to reflect on the experiences I've had in 2013, both good and bad. Be thankful that I've been taught valuable lessons no matter how painful and pledge to move forward positively. 

I am thankful for my friends and family and plan to spend lots of quality time with them to create even more priceless memories.

Much love, Sammy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment