Sunday 29 December 2013

Having a merry little Christmas!

Evening all, hope you've had a marvellous few days of Christmas celebrating with your friends and family, we certainly have!

The Rucksack project in Portsmouth went down a storm on 23rd December, here is a quote from the organiser of this event...

WOW! What an amazing day! Huge thanks to everyone that donated today, I can't believe how generous you all are. I don't think the Service Users could believe it either, most of them left this morning because it was so busy. After seeing all the packs that had been donated one service user said to me tearfully 'I'd almost given up hope, on everyone and everything, but to see that people really do care makes me feel better'. All service users that came today were given a pack, which they were thrilled with. Most of them also got new shoes, which was great as none of them had substantial shoes. Boycie the dog was kitted out with a new lead, blanket, and lots of food.

As well as packs lots of clothes, towels, and food were donated. Someone turned up with 240 mince pies, someone else with 8 chickens, a giant bag of potatoes and veg. 

Big thank you to Central Point for hosting the event, we basically disrupted their hole day - the staff can't even see their desks for all the rucksacks! 

So what is happening with all the packs? I have no idea what the total is, but there were hundreds delivered today. We're going to let Central Point sort them all out and distribute to the service users. As they hosted the event, we think it's only fair that they take what they need to give out to people over the next few months. We have made contact with services in Havant, Gosport and Fareham and Southampton, and they are thrilled to receive packs. 

Happy Christmas everyone x (Julie Eden)

What brilliant news! Couldn't have felt better and more proud that we were part of it.

In other news, I got some brilliant pressies, spent time eating, drinking and being merry with my nearest and dearest. All the decs are now down, the house cleaned and I've watched some rubbishy films to boot!  I also went back to weight watchers, not expecting anything magnificent, I haven't tracked, tried, exercised.... anything ha! But I jumped on the scales, faced the music and I've put on 1lb over Xmas. Not bad, not bad at all! I am expecting another gain this week as I'm still not back on it, but a new year is dawning!

Ttfn, Sammy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment