Thursday 19 December 2013

December 2013....

2013 has been emotional. 

 

As we are getting closer to Christmas and I am stressing more and more that I'm not ready, I am very aware that the year is coming to a close very soon.  This year was the first entire year without Nan and I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I am struggling with Christmas somewhat this year.  It’s like I cannot get my brain in gear to cope with it, I keep putting things off and off and telling myself I will think about them all nearer to Christmas…. Well Mrs. B it is now only 6 days away! 

 

I've hardly sent any cards, I've hardly wrapped any presents, I've not done anything.  I haven’t even put a tree up (I do have put a few bits of decorations up and around the lounge so I'm not completely bar humbug) I have finished Christmas shopping, so for that I should be grateful, and I've finished my rucksack of course – but that is IT!  But these are the least of my worries and to be honest if my worries are this small, I have nothing to worry about at all.

 

As well as Christmas and all that jazz, December has sadly bought us to a very tragic end of the year.  One of my lovely friends husband’s very tragically lost his very very short battle with cancer and has left behind his beautiful wife and his daughter.  There aren’t enough words to express how terrible this is, how much this has saddened everyone and how very cruel of life it is.  He was known by lots of people and there have been lots of lovely tributes to him on his facebook page and reading what people have taken the time and written about him is just lovely – but just so sad that he has been taken far too soon.


So please remember, especially at this time of year, hold your loved ones close, give them an extra hug and kiss and tell them how much they mean to you, for life is short and so very cruel at times xx

 

Heaven has gained another angel and we have lost a lovely chap, a true gentleman, a fantastic family man and a wonderful friend.  His loss will be felt by many far and wide. Sleep tight Mr H, you can rest peacefully now.  All our thoughts and prayers to your family left behind, especially the two girls you love so much, my heart goes out to them all. Much love xxx

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment