Sunday 31 January 2016

365 day saving challenge - Jan update!

So I started this on 1st Jan and you can read more about it Here

I've seen a few posts about people doing this and using spreadsheets etc to keep track. Not me - I'm a list and paper girl, I'm not using excel outside of work thank you very much hehe.  So I'm using my trusty calendar to keep me on track!

I've written the amount I need to save each day in my diary and tick them off as I complete the transfer to my savings account.
Yes you might have noticed those days are December and it clearly is January. Im not going mad, but I did take note of a blog post 'Skint Dad' had written (over at skintdad.co.uk - do check out his site for more money saving tips and ideas) and realised he's right, it's likely I'm going to have more money now than in December when the most expensive saving days will be.  So I've started backwards, we'll all over the place really!

The challenge is to transfer the amount of pennies for the day of the year, so on 1st Jan 1p right up to 31st Dec £3.66 so depending on how much I can spare, I pick another day in my diary - thus giving me the ability to choose if I've only got a few pennies to spare or a few pounds.  I'm keeping track of doing it every day by also ticking off in my diary month page for ease.
I'm also consciously at the end of each day, moving over to my savings account the odd pennies on my current account balance.  So if I have £8.31 in my account, I am moving across the 31p.  I'm being sensible, not leaving myself short within our budget and am very pleased to report just this first month I've managed to save over £80!
It's not been painful, I haven't noticed it at all and on top of our normal savings I'm £80 up!!

How are you all doing?

I'll keep you posted, Sammy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment