Wednesday 8 May 2013

The Big 3...0...

So I went to WW last week and lost 2lb, I was dead chuffed as that is my holiday weight off and a smidge more and I'm now the lightest I've been in an age, 11.5lb altogether.  It may have taken all year, but I've bluddy done it!  This week I didn't manage to get to WW, I got terribly drunk at an Ann Summers party and slept through it, oops!

This week is proving quite difficult, its the last week before I'm 30, the last week of organising before my party and the anniversary of when my Aunty died last year.  I've been out walking, not been too bad, but no idea as to how I've done as I didn't weigh this week (drunk is not attractive!) so need to try and be ultra good this week if at all possible.

We have signed up for the race for life, Theresa and I, so will be hassling people for sponsorship soon I'm sure....
http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/SammyandTheresa
But for now I've downloaded the couch to 5k app and will keep you posted!
Now I know lots of people turning 30 this year and some that already have, and lots of people who are so freaked out about it they are going to hibernate!  I must be one of the only ones who is not worried at all.  I feel a bit impatient to get to 30, even for the last few years and not just the last few weeks, like 30 has been waiting for me.  30 feels safe and comfortable, not scary and something I want to avoid.  I wonder if this is because I don't have a biological clock ticking of when I need to have children by? Or get married by, or buy a house etc etc? Maybe that's it? (Not that I am blaming this for everyone, as I am sure everyone has their own reasoning)  Or maybe its because my husband is older than me and 30 doesn't appear that scary? 

Whatever it is, its bluddy marvellous!  30 will be wicked I am sure and to top this off I'm being tattooed and I'm having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party (which deserves a blog post all by itself, so watch this space).  I have a whole week off work, to spend with family and friends, doing loads of wonderous things I wouldn't do normally.  We are going to the Harry Potter studios (where it was filmed), seeing McFly (Yes I am still 14), having a spa day with my Mum and Sister, getting inked as a last birthday present from my Nan and of course partying the night away with my friends and family.

So this week I will mainly be cutting, sticking, painting, glueing and carrying on getting ready.  I'm trying to keep posting pics to a minimum, but I can tell you that the house is a bluddy tip and full of Alice in Wonderland related thingy majiggers!  See you on the other side!

Ttfn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment