Friday 18 February 2022

Mrs. B Challenge 40 - 1 - Take a life drawing lesson

Challenge number 13.

1 - Take a life drawing class

Aaaand another one ticked off!  I’ve been looking for a class for a while, and stumbled across lessons at the 
Ashcroft Art Centre In Fareham. They are stand alone sessions and only £16, which was a lot better than I’d imagined.  So I rounded up my partners in crime, who readily agreed to come along for the creativity and away we went.

The art tutor was lovely and so so welcoming. She gave us tools we may need, including paper and away we went! 

We completed a few warm up exercises, before the big draw at the end.  Our model was a lovely chap called Bryn and not all of it was naked!

The first exercise was to draw bold lines with a permanent marker.


To draw the model without looking at the paper.


To draw the model without taking your charcoal off the paper at all.


And then the final piece was to draw creatively, however you wanted!


These are all my pictures, and I’ve learnt I need more practise! Especially with proportions, the poor model hasn’t got these distorted or short shaped arms and legs and he definitely doesn’t look like Beavis and Butthead!  

All round it was a great evening, it is such fun completing these adventures/challenges, doing something different and my friend Kate said, I feel alive and like I’m truly living my best life. And I truly am.

I’m thankful to my partners in crime, who are with me every step of the way!!




Love you so much, girls! 

On to the next one, I’ll keep you posted.

TTFN, Sammy xx

  

No comments:

Post a Comment