Saturday 15 May 2021

Growing Old Disgracefully

I turned 38 this year.  I'm not worried about that, at all.  Age is just a number, one I'm proud of - definitely, because I'm grateful to reach it.  I always remind myself that growing older isn't something that is afforded to everyone, so I'm grateful I'm one of those few.  And also of course, growing older is inevitable, but growing up is optional!


As people keep reminding me... it’s the slippery slope to 40 now, it’ll be here before you know it!  I've thought long and hard about the run up to my 40th birthday.  It's one I'm so looking forward to, and of course there will be a big party at the end of it!  But also there are some things I want to do before I turn 40.  

I've thought about this list of things for a while, writing and re-writing and trying to find challenges I want to do.  I must admit my list started with things like, 'lose 3 stone', 'go to Mexico', 'visit New York', but I realised that some of those things may be out of reach and actually I need to concentrate on the small joy bringers in life too, that and losing weight DOES NOT DEFINE ME!  So I waited for the New Moon in Taurus, meditated, got real with what I really wanted and revamped the list.  Today I am ready to reveal it to the World, so here it is....

THE LIST

1. Take a life drawing class ✔️

2. Watch the sun rise at the beach ✔️

3. Watch the Phantom of the Opera on stage ✔️

4. Wild swimming/Cold water swimming ✔️

5. Go away with my mum and sister ✔️

6. Go on a ghost hunt ✔️

7. Visit the National History Museum ✔️

8. Skinny dip in the sea ✔️

9. Visit Southsea Model Village ✔️

10. Go clay pigeon shooting ✔️

11. Travel to Scotland ✔️

12. Go to an adults arty pots session ✔️

13. Axe Throwing ✔️

14. Have an Angel Board reading ✔️

15. Hit a golf ball at the driving range ✔️

16. Visit Stonehenge ✔️

17. Have a coaching session ✔️

18. Take a belly dancing class ✔️

19. Complete a paint by numbers ✔️

20. Flower arranging ✔️

21. Write something, an article/book etc ✔️

22. Get a moon/witch/triple goddess tattoo ✔️

23. Complete a reading challenge ✔️

24. Have a photoshoot with my best friends ✔️

25. Gift flowers to a stranger ✔️

26. Climb the O2 ✔️

27. Complete the penny challenge ✔️

28. Make a piece of jewellery ✔️

29. Learn a new skill ✔️

30. Go for a spa day ✔️

31. Make my own candle ✔️

32. Have a singing lesson ✔️

33. Visit Clanfield Observatory ✔️

34. Make a drum ✔️

35. Take a Wim Hof Workshop ✔️

36. Learn how to decorate a cake ✔️

37. Watch a horror film at the cinema ✔️

38. Celebrate Beltane at Butser ✔️

39. Visit a Gin Distellery✔️

40. Throw a big 40th birthday bash!

That's it.  That is the list I'm about to embark on, and it starts.... NOW!  Anyone that can help out with any of the this, or point me in the right direction, do get in touch 😊

I will blog about each one, but also post on instagram too.  You can find me here if you’d like to follow me. My account is an eclectic mix, and I’m cool with that. I will also use the hashtag #MrsBChallenge40 

I’ll keep you posted! TTFN xx






No comments:

Post a Comment