Tuesday 4 August 2015

Rosie and Jim'ing it...

We've just got back from a lovely 5 days staying with friends on their beautiful narrow boat! I had the most amazing time and I totally loved it, as did Mr. B.  We're even considering hiring one for future holiday plans!

I have some very lovely friends, who realised life is too short and should be fully enjoyed. So they both looked at their loose ends, bought a beautiful boat, were given 'Norman' as a leaving present, and launched into life on the canals for a few years.  They had us to stay as visitors for the last few days on the boat, showed us life on the canals and thoroughly looked after us.
We had such fun learning how to do locks, swing bridges, washing up in small confined spaces and weeing in a drawer!
We were so looked after by our amazing hosts and saw some very beautiful sights. Steam trains, beautiful birds and wildlife, limestone mills and some amazing scenery.

Life on a narrowboat is just lovely, nothing happens very quickly - which is perfect for some r&r time. Lots of cruising, nattering and wine was consumed. It was perfect for a break from our busy lives and I can honestly say I'm very jealous they were off to pursue more of the same and I was off back to work!  

Here we are with Norm and Molly dog on one of our stops.
I'm sure life on the canals isn't always strictly non stop fun, especially in the rain; but we had some quite good weather and it was a lovely break.

Needless to say, although my friend was super thoughtful about her cooking and my eating, I didn't count a single point!  Weigh in will be interesting on Saturday, but d'you know what... I don't mind at all! I had a fab break and I'd love to do it again very very soon!

TTFN, Sammy xx

1 comment: